Monday, September 29, 2008

The 2008 Great Miller Lite Chili Cook-Off

My dad and i went out to Stone Mountain to go to the 29th Annual Miller Lite Chili Cook-Off this past Saturday. And it was AWESOME!!

First off, I've never been to a cook-off and secondly, it was the most redneck thing i've done in awhile. Man, i love reconnecting with my southern roots!

My favorite was by a group called "So Fine Bovine". I don't know if they won or not, but it was good and they got my vote. There were an incredible 295 booths!! I think randy and i might have to enter next year b/c there were definitely some lame chilis what i know we could beat hands-down! Also, how fun would it be to camp out for two days, drink beer and serve people chili? I'm being serious by the way! :)








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, we did WIN! thanks for the vote. the pirates won the people's choice, but i think our café cooler :)

Sarah said...

See! I know good chili! I'm so happy ya'll won!

Anonymous said...

well, that was my first comp as a chef. i was filling in for the girl who started the team last year. she had to go to a wedding. i felt bad, she missed it and i got all the glory this year. so next year, we'll both have our chilies entered. look for us again, hopefully in the same place. i need to create some little cow heads for our TV tables, so they have a bit more of a personality.
my company is now entering into the AIGA chili cook-off this Oct. 18th at Grant Park. come on by for some more yummy chili! assuming you live in the ATL. and being a web designer, you are probably familiar with the organization AIGA.
and yes, water chestnuts are gross!